The Museu Nacional de Machado de Castro has some other collections which, although of importance, do not fit into the display logic determined by the fundamental collections that constitute the contents of this Museum.

Amongst the numerous objects in pewter, iron, brass and copper alloys are some exceptional pieces; two medieval processional crosses, two Gothic censers, the Nuremberg alms dishes some holy water vessels and group of varied candlesticks. Also noteworthy is a wide and diversified assemblage of metal fixtures and fittings that includes a group of elegant weathervanes. The majority of these objects were derived from convents and monasteries following their extinction after 1834. Some were incorporated after the demolition of the upper part of Coimbra, which took place in the 1940s; others were acquired by purchase.

The oriental collections form a group of almost twelve hundred pieces, the majority reunited by the poet Camilo Pessanha (1867-1926) and by the early President of the Republic, Manuel Teixeira Gomes (1860-1941).

Donated at different times, the nucleus belonging to the poet from Coimbra was formed when he was professor of philosophy, and later, Judge of the Province of Macau. It includes objects in porcelain, metal, ivory, jade, wood, fabrics, paintings and Chinese calligraphy; the date of the pieces range from between the 3rd century b.C. and the 19th century.

The collection of Teixeira Gomes consists of Chinese snuff bottles, Japanese objects of art, such as the inro, the netsuke and the tsubas.

The glass collection includes representative examples of 18th and 19th century Portuguese production from the factories of Coina and Marinha Grande; there is also a group of pieces imported from Spain and from Italy. The production techniques include both hand glassblowing and mould blowing as well press moulding. The decoration accompanied the language of the decorative arts of the period, using gilding, enamelling, engraving, wheel cutting and glass application work.

The early book and manuscript section possesses some charters granted by the king Dom Manuel l to the towns of Faro (1504) and Pereira do Campo (1512) and the book dedicated to the life of Queen Saint Isabel dated 1592. There are many manuscripts and printed books of a liturgical nature namely missals and hymnbooks amongst which is the remarkable 17th century Cistercian processional manuscript that had belonged to the Mosteiro de Celas.