In 1882 an inventory was made of the Bishop-Count’s goods and of the Chapter, in which this coach is described as ‘a rich coach equipped with six horses ready and capable of service’. From a technical point of view, this is a berline, derived from Berlin, the city where it was invented in 1660. It was taller but also more stable than a traditional coach: the carriage was mounted on two axles instead of one and linked by a more complex system of belts which gave greater comfort and security but less weight.